Currently there is a rash of sightings of phalaropes in Pennsylvania. I know of at least 8 different birds that have been reported in the last two weeks.
5/9- a Wilson’s Phalarope reported at the Polk Wetlands in Venango County
5/10-12- female Wilson’s Phalarope on Gremar Rd., Lower Nazareth Twp., Northampton County
5/12- Red-necked Phalarope at Lake Nockamixon, Bucks County
5/12-14- female Wilson’s Phalarope at Mud Level Rd, Cumberland County
5/13- two Red-necked Phalaropes at Mud Level Rd, Cumberland County
5/18- Wilson’s Phalarope at Greencastle Reservoir, Franklin County
5/19- male Red-necked Phalarope at Shartlesville Pond, Berks County
Here are two pictures I took of the female Wilson’s Phalarope at Mud Level Run.
Latest posts by Drew Weber (see all)
- Best flight this year - May 18, 2013
- North winds slow migration in east, tonight could be more of the same - May 17, 2013
- Heavy migration everywhere! - May 16, 2013
- Heavy migration with western NY and PA fallout possibility - May 15, 2013
- Another night of storms and strong coastal migration - May 11, 2013