It looks like Snowy Owls are on the move this winter. With the widespread adoption of eBird, we now have an easy way to keep track of this phenomenon in a way that was previously difficult to impossible. Below I have posted the maps of the range and locations of sightings in both 2010 and 2011 over the months of Oct-Dec. It definitely looks like a better year than last. Will we see some Snowy Owls showing up over the next couple of weeks during CBC season? What do you think?
Latest posts by Drew Weber (see all)
- More migration plus scattered storms over NY cause fallout - May 22, 2013
- Strong flight with possible upstate NY fallout - May 21, 2013
- ABA Bird of the Year Multimedia Art Contest Announcement - May 20, 2013
- Best flight this year - May 18, 2013
- North winds slow migration in east, tonight could be more of the same - May 17, 2013