Migration was widespread and moderate last night across the region. I ran the radar script a bit late so you can’t see the dusk lift off, but you can see that birds are moving northward. There has been a lot of shorebird activity recently so watch for unsettled weather to put birds down.
Sorry I have been lacking in my state analysis but my current schedule doesn’t allow as much time for this as I would like.
Click on the thumbnail to view the full-sized animation.
As always, please leave me comments on what you find out in the field.
Check Kenn Kaufman’s blog for more specifics on what to expect this time of year.
For migration updates or other regions check-
New England – Tom Auer’s blog
New Jersey – Woodcreeper by David La Puma
Florida/SE – Badbirdz Reloaded by Angel and Mariel Abreu
NW Ohio – Birding the Crane Creek by Kenn Kaufman
Wisconsin – Woodcreeper by David La Puma
Arizona – Words About Birds by Tim Schreckengost
Pac NW – Birds Over Portland by Greg Haworth
I need your help! These reports will only be as good as the feedback I get on these updates. Please leave comments on interesting patterns of migration you are seeing in the field so I can incorporate some ground truthing to my forecasts and predictions. Thanks!
Latest posts by Drew Weber (see all)
- More migration plus scattered storms over NY cause fallout - May 22, 2013
- Strong flight with possible upstate NY fallout - May 21, 2013
- ABA Bird of the Year Multimedia Art Contest Announcement - May 20, 2013
- Best flight this year - May 18, 2013
- North winds slow migration in east, tonight could be more of the same - May 17, 2013