This morning a few of us birded Lederer Park and Walnut Springs Park in State College, which was loaded with migrants. This morning was the second morning in a row here in Centre County that I have seen good numbers of warblers and other migrants. Highlights were 15 species of warbler, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Baltimore Orioles, and a Scarlet Tanager. Here is a link to our checklist for Lederer from 9:10am till 9:45am. Another Lederer list from 10:20am till 11:20am. Here is our list from Walnut Springs from 8:50am till 9:05am. At this rate, things look great for us to be able to rack up a nice warbler list for the Birding Cup! I can’t wait to see what other FOY species show up this week.
Black-throated Green Warbler
Latest posts by Alex Lamoreaux (see all)
- Leucistic Whimbrel – Eastern Shore of Virginia - May 18, 2013
- First Day of Work on the Eastern Shore! - May 6, 2013
- Springtime Orange-crowned Warbler – Centre County, PA - May 2, 2013
- Montour County, PA – Yellow-headed Blackbirds - April 15, 2013
- Magnificent Frigatebirds – Determining Age and Sex - April 9, 2013