One of my favorite places to bird in Tioga County is The Muck, a game lands just north of Wellsboro on 287. This large wetland is a great place for breeding American Bittern, Virginia Rail, Sora and Marsh Wren. If you are really lucky, you could also find Least Bittern, King Rail or Common Gallinule. Listen to the sound clip above to get a feeling for what it sounds like in the morning. Marsh Wrens chattering, wide variation in Swamp Sparrow songs and other birds singing from the surrounding woodlots.
Latest posts by Drew Weber (see all)
- A night of strong early migration and then storms - May 23, 2013
- More migration plus scattered storms over NY cause fallout - May 22, 2013
- Strong flight with possible upstate NY fallout - May 21, 2013
- ABA Bird of the Year Multimedia Art Contest Announcement - May 20, 2013
- Best flight this year - May 18, 2013